Tuesday, August 28, 2007

the beginning of the end

Summer has flown by. Its week 10, the last week of classes. Next week brings finals. I feel like i have done so much this summer, but at the same time i feel like i could have done so much more. I never really got into weight lifting like i originally planned. Having night class 3 days out of the week and work every day kind of puts a damper on those plans. I reserved my weekends for having fun with my fraternity That was definitely a success other than not being able to attend white water rafting.

This past weekend was definitely great. After an extremely stressful week, the debauchery from the weekend was well deserved and utilized. Friday night my fraternity had a Stop Light Party. You wear green if your single, yellow if you are indifferent, and red if you are taken. It was a very amusing night. On Saturday my fraternity and i went up to Cloverly park, which is near Philadelphia University. We have been putting work into the park for the past 3 years. Its a great feeling to know our dedication to the park has helped it win the best park awards year after year. They even have a sign acknowledging the work we have put in at the park. Randomly one of the founding fathers found us while we were working. He was impressed how well the fraternity was doing and how much it had grown since he was at school. Its always easy work like laying out mulch, pruning, removing debris, etc. The park people we assist live around the park and provide us with so much food and beverages throughout the day. We goof off, tell stories of stupid stuff we have been getting into, and the work just flies by and it ends up being a great day. That night my friend Kurt had a moving out party. I got to see a lot of my friends i had not seen in a long time. Once again just hung out and got into some trouble. All and all a good night.

I noticed that many of my friends are moving. Some are going home for coop. Some are getting back to campus. There are also the many seniors going to grad/med school or just getting into their careers. I helped my too good friends Shannon and Roxy move Friday and Saturday. They moved out of their sorority house into two different places. Its weird originally all three of us were going to live together sophomore year, we ended up being neighbors when our plans fell through. Then they moved into their sorority house together and now they are in separate apartments. Somehow they both managed to get into 3rd floor apartments which isn't fun when it comes to moving heavy furniture. Nice thing is there parents love me and provided me with lots of food.

No comments: